Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE) Program
Affiliated Memberships:National Compliance Management Service ISNetworld N.A.C.E.
Committed to a Safe Working Environment
The safety and health policy of Challenger Drilling, Inc. is to perform the highest quality service as efficiently as possible while maintaining the safety and health of employees and our customers to the highest possible standard.
Challenger Drilling, Inc. can proudly state that, since its conception in July of 1998 through today, it has an excellent safety record with no job-related accidents, injuries, or illnesses. Our safety philosophy is one of complete company involvement. Management, supervisors and all employees work together to ensure a continuously safe and productive work environment.
Challenger Drilling, Inc. is committed to providing its employees with a safe working environment by adhering to rigorous safety policies in order to reduce hazards. Through extensive company-wide communication of safety procedures, and their utilization in our day to day operations, we undertake all reasonable measures to improve safety efforts. All Challenger Drilling, Inc. employees participate in our pre-employment and random drug and alcohol testing program as per 49 CFR Part 199 and 49 CFR Part 40. Personnel are trained to properly respond in the event of an incident whether on a pipeline, at a terminal, upon a roadway, etc. Challenger Drilling, Inc. remains committed to continuous reduction of impacts to the environment, including the air, water, and land.
Additional Training and Safety Proceedures
- Employees meet the required NCCER Operator Qualification standards as well as receive additional training through the Houston Area Safety Council and in house training.
- Employees conduct Monthly and Daily Toolbox Safety Meetings. In these meetings, OSHA safety laws and regulations as well as API/COOQ Approved Liquid/Gas Covered Tasks with reference to NCCER pipeliner training and assessment tools are reviewed.
- Challenger Drilling, Inc. is 100% National Compliance Management Service (NCMS) qualified.
- Challenger Drilling, Inc. is a member of ISNetworld, a web-based contractor database that helps satisfy governmental and operator specific record keeping requirements. This system also manages training and record keeping requirements. For further information and to review Challenger Drillings, Inc. compliance records, please log on to www.isnetworld.com
- All CDI Supervisors and Crew Members are TWIC certified.
Additional information about our HSE policies, response plans, operations manuals, etc. please contact the Challenger Drilling, Inc. main office at 281-290-8335.