Oil & Gas Transmission
Domestic Onshore Oil & Gas Exploration and Production is a thriving industry in the United States. As American dependency on foreign oil rises, the need for domestic oil & gas reserves increases. Domestic oil companies are drilling new oil & gas wells at a record pace, and the need to bring this commodity to market requires the installation of oil & gas transmission pipelines. Challenger Drilling, Inc. operates HDD equipment for the installation of these oil & gas pipelines, whether placing a line to connect a newly completed wellhead to a gathering line, or participating in a cross-country supply line project.
Challenger Drilling, Inc. actively participates in the installation of new water and sewer lines using HDD processes, specializing in “On-Grade” placement of gravity sewer lines.
View our PDF on a typical example of an HDD project.
Horizontal Directional Drilling Benefits
- Less disruptive to the surface area / environment - no trenches.
- Savings in excavations and surface damage repairs.
- Savings on shoring costs and trenching related accidents.
- Ability to drill beneath surface obstructions or ongoing site operations.
- Limited weather related delays.
- Limited traffic and landscape disruption. Ideal for sites sensitive to surface disruption such as heavy roadways, airport runways, golf courses, etc.